It is often helpful to take a picture of your desktop or the active window of your HP Mini so that you can illustrate how to perform specific tasks. How do I take a screenshot on an HP Stream laptop?
FonePaw Screen Recorder
Applies to all HP laptops and desktops. You can use it as a tool to take a screenshot of the entire screen, a customized area or a specific window. Its rich editing tools allow you to add lines, arrows, various shapes or text to the captured screenshot before saving it. It can also save screenshots on your HP computer as PNG, JPG, GIF and more.
Step 1 Download, install and launch FonePaw Screen Recorder.
Step 2 Click the third Snapshot icon on the home page. You can also use a shortcut to take a snapshot. The default is Ctrl + Alt + C, but you can redefine it as you like.
Step 3 Click and drag the cross cursor to select the area to capture. You’ll see a pop-up toolbar for editing. Using the add tools, you can add an annotation to the screenshot or highlight important parts.
In addition to the annotation tool, the FonePaw Screen Recorder control panel also has other useful buttons.
- Click Copy and then you can paste the screenshot anywhere;
- Click Save and then it will be saved in another format (PNG, GIF etc.) as you like;
- The full screen button lets you capture the entire screen;
- The Pin to Screen feature allows you to pin a screenshot of a webpage or website to the computer screen. For example, if you think a certain web page is valuable and you want to take notes about Word about it, you can use the Pin to Screen feature to pin this page to the Word interface so that you don’t have to switch between different programs.
- In addition to screen capture, FonePaw Screen Recorder can also be used to record screen or video from a webcam along with sound. During the recording process, the screenshot function is still available.
The default screenshot method
HP computers operate under the control of the Windows operating system, and Windows allows you to take a screenshot by simply pressing the “PrtSc”, “Fn + PrtSc” or “Win + PrtSc” keys. In Windows 7, the screenshot will be copied to the clipboard after pressing the “PrtSc” key. And you can use Paint or Word to save the screenshot as an image. In Windows 8.1 and 10, the screenshot of a desktop computer or laptop will be automatically saved in the “Screenshots” folder in the “Pictures” library. This method is indeed convenient, but you can only capture the full screen without annotation.
Screenshot of the Chrome page on an HP laptop
As you probably know, Chrome has a default feature that allows users to screenshot the page with a simple touch of the keyboard. Please check the detailed instructions.
Option 1: Use Chrome DevTools
- To open DevTools, simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + I and then Ctrl + Shift + P.
- Look for the screenshot in the box and then you’ll see a list of different options.
- You can choose the area screenshot, full site screen, node screenshot and much more. Then the images will be downloaded to your computer. This will help in easy screenshots of full pages.
Option 2: Use the Chrome extension
- There are various tools available in the Chrome Web Store, you can choose one of them.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store, search for the screenshot. Then the results will be displayed in the window.
- Select the best chrome screenshot extension from the list and click the Add to Chrome button.
Note: When you press the HP screenshot shortcut, the currently used window will be captured immediately. You can later open Paint, Word or other programs to save a screenshot of your HP laptop.